Language is central to human existence and to the flow of information. Languages are increasingly important to Australia's trade and politics, located as we are at the epicentre of the world's linguistic diversity. The Centre will bring together a world-class interdisciplinary team to transform the understanding of language. It will secure fragile language heritage, develop new language technologies, connect policy with indigenous and migrant communities, and build strategies to help 1st and 2nd language learning and those isolated by language difficulties. Building on Australias linguistic diversity and political and economic stake in the region, the Centre will provide the basis for a truly multilingual and future-proofed society.
|Effective start/end date||15/08/14 → 31/12/22|
- Australian National University (ANU): A$3,710,000.00
- University of Western Sydney: A$1,729,000.00
- University of Queensland (UQ): A$1,729,000.00
- University of Melbourne: A$2,170,000.00
- Australian Research Council (ARC): A$30,343,977.00
Explore the research topics touched on by this project. These labels are generated based on the underlying awards/grants. Together they form a unique fingerprint.